Solidus Editorial Solutions Social Media
Social media has only made it easier to see what the people you care about are up to, and you need to be paying attention.

In one of my first jobs, I managed a weekly e-newsletter for the company I worked for. In the industry, it was an extremely popular newsletter. We had just over 10,000 subscribers. I was constantly scouring other industry publications and news sources for information and articles that I could write about or include in our daily industry news feed. At first, it was totally overwhelming. It seemed that it would be impossible to sift through all of the info to find the nuggets of gold.

When I started, it took me an entire day to find three relevant industry articles and write blurbs about them. It was time-consuming and painful. But I quickly learned where the best stuff was, and soon I was able to pull the most significant news, write blurbs, send info to my colleagues, and post it to our site in less than an hour.

I had my finger on the pulse of the industry. I always knew about government policy changes, key partnerships, acquisitions, or investments almost before anyone else in the company. Or the industry, for that matter.

Having to conduct these activities on a daily basis forced me to constantly be paying attention. I knew what the top-of-mind issues were for our clients and potential customers – in some cases before they did. I passed on the most important and pertinent info and news to my colleagues to help them improve their knowledge and level of customer service. I loved my job.

Social media has only made it easier for companies to pay attention to what their competitors are up to and what their customers are looking for. I know that it’s easy to get bogged down by the day-to-day activities of our jobs. It’s only natural, and it happens to the best of us. There are only so many hours in a day to get done all that you have to do. But, if you set up keyword searches, find the most important sources of news and information, and integrate these activities for even a few minutes a day, you will see a multitude of benefits. If you’re not listening, you may be missing out. And, lucky for me, I still love my job.

By Emily Trask

Comments

Social media can give us a chance to meet with individuals with whom we have comparative premiums and this is exceptionally critical in advertising our business, our item or administrations. It can make individuals feel our vicinity more than simply a business brand.

01/08/2015 9:06am

Everyone should obligate the same opportunities in the life in concern of education. No one should be discriminated on the basis of education. Access to the quality education relics a vision for many round the world.

10/19/2016 1:17pm

When a person completes his degree he expect to get a very nice job very soon. But when he take his first step in the real world he just realize that it's not that easy and than he have to work very much hard for that. This cool article tells us about the jobs and the famous industries where people mostly apply for the jobs.

10/20/2016 12:37pm

Social media is playing a key role in business, and industry.It has made it easier for companies paying proper attention to what their competitors are up to and what their customers' demands. Nice reading stuff, thanks for sharing.

11/04/2016 7:56am

Social media has revolutionized our lives .IT has changed the way we connect to other people .It even has a strong impact on our thinking patterns. Good businesses are using it to their advantage by creating awareness about their products and services.

Modern mans of communication have brought revolutionary changes in every field especially in trade and business. It has made it easier for companies to pay attention to what their competitors are up to and what their customers are looking for. Nice discussion thanks for sharing.

12/17/2016 3:54am

Happy New Year is in the wind.It has already been a year since we have celebrated New Year and we are almost hanging in the end of it.

02/08/2017 1:39am

Very interesting article. You know, I am currently focus on learning internet marketing, include Social Media marketing. In fact, what you describe correspond to reality.

02/18/2017 3:02am

This is the main drawback of the Blackmart Alpha which made the users feel uncomfortable